When it Pays to Hire an Event Planner
- Symposium and Reception in conjunction with the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) conference booked and fully paid by client.
- 2 Clients co-hosting: Brussels based proton therapy company and a North American University.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation for Symposium attendees.
- 350+ international medical executives, doctors, surgeons, and professors in Boston for ASTRO conference and event.
- Hurricane Sandy hits with 60+ mph winds — the largest hurricane to reach the Atlantic Coast.
- State of emergency declared in Massachusetts by Governor Patrick.
- Event venue is located directly on waterfront, cantilevered over Boston Harbor.
- All public transportation shuts down by early afternoon.
- Convention center for ASTRO attendees closes and evacuates all guests.
- Morning of event trolley company cancels transportation.
- Confirm new transportation company to provide guests with safe transfers to and from venue.
- Arrange for early arrival of staff and event partners, transportation for their return home due to closed public transportation.
- Devise evacuation plans for attendees, event staff, and event partners in case of weather induced emergency.
- Heroic catering staff appeared from sister venues, the band played without a break and the party rocked on.
- Guests tweeted to colleagues with cancelled plans, taxis splashed in through the flood delivering happy partiers who joined the fun.
- In the client’s words: Understanding how important this event was for the professional reputation of IBA, FM&A had our best interests at heart and really extended themselves to protect our investment. Your team was exactly what a marketing manager is looking for: experienced professionals, listening, responsive and at all times positive and friendly. FM&A was indispensable in making our evening a triumph.
Leave a Reply